The first dates of the most prestigious festival in the poker world, the 48th World Series of Poker (WSOP) has been released to allow all players to start planning and organizing their trips, tournaments, and schedules for the upcoming year of 2017.
As usual, the 49-day Festival has cash games, satellites, 3-times a day deep stack tournaments and gold bracelet events to be conquered.
The festivities begin on May 30, 2017 at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas and will continue until the WSOP Main Event final 9 are left standing, which will happen on July 17, 2017.
Other event schedules that were announced are as follows:
- May 31, 2017: $565 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em Casino Employees 2-day Tournament with 1 re-entry.
- June 2-4, 2017: $565 buy-in re-entry No-Limit Hold’em Colossus III tournament with 2 starting flights over 3 consecutive days.
- June 16, 2017: $1,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em Senior Event for those aged 50 years and older.
- July 8-17, 2017: $10,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em WSOP Main Event championship with 3 starting flights on July 8-10, 2017.
- Other events confirmed: Millionaire Maker, Monster Stack, Little One for ONE DROP, Seniors Event and Ladies Championship (Schedule to be announced)
WSOP Executive Director Ty Stewart said, “We want to wish everyone Happy Holidays and best wishes for a safe and successful 2017.” He added, “We are busy trying to finalize the entire 2017 WSOP schedule. We anticipate a similar series to last year with a few new wrinkles, but ensuring a broad array of options to satisfy every potential participant.”
Room Reservations across Caesars’ Las Vegas properties are already open for those who wish to book early. However, individual online pre-registration will not be available until March when all events have been submitted and approved to regulators.
Article by Gabrielle Barredo