Players geo-located in Asia have plenty to be excited about in October with globally renowned World Poker Tour announcing its first ever WPT Asia Online Series. Taking place at GGPoker from October 3 to 25, the festival will be the biggest Asia dedicated online event, guaranteeing a mighty HK$100 Million (~US$ 12.9 million) across 22 trophy events and side events. A wide variety of buy-ins and game formats are planned, highlighted by the HK$10 Million guaranteed WPT Asia Main Event and seven National Championship tournaments. Here’s a look at the events in detail.
WPT Asia Main Event HK$10 Million GTD
The WPT Asia Main Event is the series headliner featuring a wealthy HK$10 Million (~US$ 1.29 million) guarantee. This is the richest Asia tournament ever offered online. For a chance at the seven figure pot, players will have to pony up the HK$10,000 (~US$ 1,290) buy-in. This is a phased event with 22 Day 1s offered starting October 18. Final Day is on Sunday, October 25 at 21:00 CST.
Other Featured Phased Events
Prior to the Main Event are three other phased events – WPT300, Superstack Classic, WPT Asia Main Event – with buy-ins from a lowly HK$ 300 to a mid-ranged HK$ 4,000. Attached guarantees are just as enticing from HK$ 1 Million to HK$ 5 Million.
Of the three, the WPT300 is the most pocket friendly with a buy-in of just HK$ 300 (~US$ 40). Guarantee is HK$ 1,000,000 (~US$ 129,000). A total of 18 Day 1s are offered starting September 29. Final Day is on Sunday, October 4 at 21:00 CST.
The Superstack Classic follows next weekend with a buy-in of HK$ 4,000 (~US$ 520) and a juicy guarantee of HK$ 5,000,000 (~US$ 645,000). Players start with a 50,000 stack which is the same as the WPT’s live event version. A total of 22 Day 1s are offered starting October 4. Final Day is on Sunday, October 11 at 21:00 CST.
The WPT Asia Mini Main Event is another mid-ranged tournament with a buy-in on the lighter end of the tier. For a price of HK$ 1,000 (~US$ 129), players have a chance at the HK$ 5,000,000 (~US$ 645,000) guarantee. A total of 22 Day 1s are offered starting October 11. Final Day is on Sunday, October 18 at 21:00 CST.
National Championship tournaments
In addition to the familiar WPT events are seven unique National Championship tournaments. Each tournament will use the featured nation’s currency as buy-in and guarantee. Apart from the top prize money, the champions will also receive the added US$ 3,000 WPT Passport. Buy-ins and guarantees vary per tournament.
- WPT Vietnam Championship: VN₫ 5,000,000,000 (~US$ 215,400) guarantee – VN₫ 25,000,000 (~US$ 1,100) buy-in – Sunday, October 4 at 20:00 CST
- WPT Korea Championship: KR₩ 150,000,000 (~US$ 127,700) guarantee – KR₩ 1,650,000 (~US$ 1,400) buy-in – Tuesday, October 6 at 20:00 CST
- WPT Philippines Championship: PHP 10,000,000 (~US$ 206,200) guarantee – PHP 80,000 (~US$ 1,650) buy-in – Sunday, October 11 at 20:00 CST
- WPT Taiwan Championship: NT$ 3,500,000 (~US$ 119,600) guarantee – NT$ 30,000 (~US$ 1,025) buy-in – Tuesday, October 13 at 20:00 CST
- WPT Cambodia High Roller Championship: US$ 350,000 guarantee – US$ 3,500 buy-in – Sunday, October 18 at 20:00 CST – this high roller event has the largest buy in and guarantee of all the National Championship tournaments
- WPT Japan Championship: JP¥ 7,500,000 (~US$ 71,000) guarantee – JP¥ 30,000 (~US$ 285) buy-in – Tuesday, October 20 at 20:00 CST
- WPT Macau Championship: HK$ 2,000,000 (~US$ 258,000) guarantee – HK$ 3,500 (~US$ 450) buy-in – Sunday, October 25 at 20:00 CST
Other Trophy Events
Filling up the rest of the schedule are 11 other trophy events with buy-ins from HK$ 400 (~US$ 50) to HK$ 8,000 (~US$ 1,030). The series opens with the Beat the Pros [WPT Edition] which is a regular GGPoker Saturday featured event. Players that eliminate anyone highlighted in Blue (Sponsored Pro), Purple (Streamer), or Yellow (Influencer) will win a seat to the $5,000 Beat the Pros Winners’ Freeroll, additional to the bounty reward. Buy in is HK$ 2,100 (~US$ 270).
This is followed by the brand’s well known WPTDeepStacks event featuring a guarantee of HK$ 1,500,000 (~US$ 193,500). Buy-in is HK$ 8,000 (~US$ 1,030). Other events include Short Deck, 6-Max, Turbo, three Pot Limit Omaha events, and three Zodiac Events – Zodiac Shooting Star Bounty, Zodiac Golden Dragon, Zodiac White Tiger. All Zodiac Events buy-ins are in Chinese Yuan.
WPT Asia Nation’s Cup Weekly Leaderboard
Fueling HK$200K in added prizes is the WPT Asia Nation’s Cup Weekly Leaderboard. Accrue points towards one’s country and at the end of each week, the top 10 players will count for each country’s standings. Once added, the country with the most points wins that week’s leaderboard. Players who contributed a single point to the hosted country will earn a seat to the designated week’s freeroll.
- Weekly Leaderboard: October 3 to 10 – HK$ 50,000 Freeroll
- Weekly Leaderboard: October 11 to 17 – HK$ 50,000 Freeroll
- Weekly Leaderboard: October 18 to 24 – HK$100,000 Freeroll