PokerStars LIVE Asia will soon arrive in the city of Taipei, marking the first time the tour has visited Taiwan. The festival will run from January 31st to the 9th of February and will be called APPT Open Taipei.
This announcement comes alongside the news that the Red Dragon festival, also run by PokerStars, will take place in Manila between January 4th and January 11th.
Here’s what you can expect from the events.
Red Dragon Manila
This festival carries a sizeable PHP60 million guarantee and will feature a total of thirteen different tournaments. The start of day 2 of the Main Event will also see a Platinum Pass worth €26,000 awarded to a lucky player too.
Here are some of the highlights of the series.
- PHP20,000 Red Dragon Kickoff (January 4-5)
- PHP500,000 Red Dragon Super High Roller (January 4 -5)
- PHP110,000 Red Dragon Main Event (January 6-10) – (PHP50M GTD)
- PHP60,000 Red Dragon Poker Challenge (January 9-10) – (PHP10M GTD)
- PHP200,000 Red Dragon High Roller 1 Day Event (January 9)
- PHP250,000 Red Dragon High Roller (January 10-11)
APPT Open Taipei
This festival will take place at the CTP Club in Formosa and will be co-organised with the Chinese Texas Hold’em Poker Association.
Following shorty after the Red Dragon event, APPT Open Taipei will feature 33 tournaments taking place over a 10-day period. Here is a look at some of the most important events.
- TWD$10,000 CTP Club Kickoff – (Jan 31-Feb 1) – (GTD TWD$1M)
- TWD$70,000 APPT Open High Roller – (Feb 1-2)
- TWD$15,000 Super Stack NLH – (Feb 1-3) – (GTD TWD$1.5M)
- TWD$35,000 APPT Open Main Event – (Feb 3-7) – (GTD $7.5M TWD)
- TWD$140,000 APPT Open Super High Roller – (Feb 7-8)
By scheduling these events in January, PokerStars has ensures that 2020 will start in style for live tournament players, with exciting festivals already scheduled in Australia during the same month.
Article by Craig Bradshaw