The Asia Poker League will once again visit China, bringing a third Chinese APL event to all the players who wish to be involved. The festival will span 8 days between August 14th and 22nd.
The event will be hosted by the Xi’an Baoyulin Poker Sporting Club and will include a Main Event tournament with a buy in of CNY5,500 (approx. US$800). The guarantee for the event is set at CNY 3,000,000.
Be a part of APL Xi’an with online qualifiers on PlayAPL
Founder of the APL, Judic Kim has set his sights on the online domain after seeing a great deal of success in his live endeavours. This has been made clear by his company’s launch of their online product, which is called ‘Play APL’. This is application is completely free, offering play money games that also allow for players to win great prizes. Tickets to APL’s live events are among the prizes players will be competing for. Players can also set up clubs on the application and play their own games.
IOS and Android version of the application have been in operation without any issues for some months now, and player pools are growing steadily.
With further promotion of the application now a priority, APL have chosen this Xi’an festival to spread the word about their exciting product. Players can qualify for APL Xi’an in two different ways.
9-Max Sit & Go’s
– The three players who top the leaderboard in this Sit & Go rake race will win a prize.
– This rake race will run across a two-day period starting August 3rd at UTC 12:00 – 14:00
– Starting stacks are 250 million chips and the games are NLH Freezeout.
– The top prize is a CNY5,500 main Event ticket, 2nd prize is 200M Playapl chips and 3rd prize is 50M Playapl chips.
– Secondly, there is a rake race across 7 days, with the top 50 places receiving a prize.
– This runs between the 1st August 3pm UTC and the 7th August. 2:59pm UTC.
– The rewards for the top two players are a 5,500 RMB Main Event ticket for 1st and a 2,200 RMB ticket for 2nd.
– 3rd place receives 100 million chips. 4th-10th receives 50 million chips, 11th-20th receives 40 million, and prize continue accordingly with 40th -50th receiving 10 million.
Article by Craig Bradshaw