|Oct 18 - 22, 2018||
No Limit Hold'em - Monster Stack (Event #5)
World Series of Poker, Rozvadov
Xixiang Luo is a successful Chinese poker player and may be considered one of the best live poker player in his country.
From 2013 to mid-2016, Luo had mainly focused his live tournament efforts within the Asia Pacific region. His first cash ever was in a side event of the 2013 Asian Poker Tour (APT) Macau where he won a small amount of US$1,508. From that time, Luo continued to get himself “in the money” consistently which made him gain the attention of the community.
He made his first major cash prize by placing 7th in November 2015 at the Asia Pacific Poker Tour (APPT) Asia Championship of Poker (ACOP) Main Event for over US$120,000. His next major earning and his biggest cash prize to date was in March 2016 when he got 2nd place in the HK$ 76,000 + 4,000 No Limit Hold’em – High Roller Re-Entry at the APPT 10 Macau Poker Cup winning almost US$200,000 for his efforts. This was followed a few months after in May where he placed 5th winning US$98,760 in the APPT Macau Season 10 Highroller Event.
After these achievements, starting mid-2016, Luo ventured out of his comfort zone and explored the live tournament scenes in the United States and Europe. He played the World Series of Poker (WSOP) in Las Vegas and the European Poker Tour (EPT) in Barcelona and Malta. His western adventure had proven fruitful as he continued his cashing streak even at the other side of the world. By the end of 2016, Luo had earned the #1 GPI ranking for Asia.
Although Luo is yet to find himself a victory in a major tournament, the totality of his performance has been extremely impressive.
Read more about this player on Somuchpoker
- October 31, 2016: 4 Standout Stories in EPT Malta
- April 25, 2016: ACOP Platinum Series XIII in Macau: Main Event, $10K, and Asia Player of the Year
- March 28, 2016: ACOP Platinum Series XII: Jack Wu wins the Main Event, Saehoon Lee the 10K Event
- March 6, 2016: MPC24: Wayne Yap crowned champion in the High Roller, Terry Fan wins the HK$20,000
- November 15, 2015: 2015 ACOP: Jimmy Zhou wins the Main Event, Andy Adrejevic the Super High Roller
- November 14, 2015: 2015 ACOP Main Event: Connor Drinan leads the final table
- November 13, 2015: 2015 ACOP Main Event: 23 players left, Connor Drinan chip leader