|May 7, 2017||
No Limit Hold'em Hyper Deep Stack Turbo (Event #18)
John ‘Jojo’ Tech, member of Team PKC Manila, is a highly respected pro on the Asian live circuit. He has been in the top spots of the Philippines’ All Time Money list since the start of 2015. He has always been considered a strong player and his performance starting from the end of 2014 has underlined his abilities further.
His earliest live cash finish came in 2009 but his first serious achievement came in August 2011, where he got 2nd place in the APT Manila Main Event for over USD$67,000. The next few years saw multiple four figure scores for Tech. In July 2014, Tech finished 3rd at the Deep Stack event at the Rio, Las Vegas for USD$18,700 – his first significant cash outside the Asian region. This led to greater confidence and improved outcomes as evidenced by his subsequent accomplishments: he was victorious in an APT High Roller event in Manila for over USD$29,000 and, 2 days after that, he finished 3rd place (USD$27,000) in the Main Event of the same festival. Less than 2 months after, Tech once again made headlines when he took down the APT Cebu Main Event. This fantastic result netted him USD$52,258.
In April 2015, he added to his total live earnings by finishing 2nd in the APT Manila Main Event for over USD$82,000 – his biggest cash to date. He later on added several finishes in the top 3 spots of side events throughout 2015, to give Sam Razavi and Iori Yogo a real fight for the APT Player of the Year title.
The year 2016 still saw Tech consistently cashing but he has yet to grab that big event that will truly make him a household name.
Read more about this player on Somuchpoker :
January 11, 2016: APT Kickoff 2017: Local pros John Tech and Lester Edoc with early wins
- November 20, 2016: RVS CUP P5M Guaranteed Main Event ongoing at the Metro Card Club
- February 5, 2016: Poker King Club announces the official Team PKC Manila 2016
- December 3, 2015: IPO3 Side Event Winners: Tech and Hao with two titles
- April 27, 2015: Who is the best Live Tournament Player in Asia?
- April 23, 2015: German pro Julius Malzanini defeats Jojo Tech to claim the win in APT Philippines Main Event
- February 6, 2015: John Tech Wins Cebu Main Event, APT Poker room inaugural tournament on February 27