There was a time when PokerStars Live Macau was the only venue offering Live tournaments in Macau. With the opening of Macau Billionaire Poker Room and the new partnership between Poker King Club and the Asian Poker Tour, the live tournament offering is flourishing in Macau.
Here is a look at the upcoming festivities in the area:
September 29 – October 2: APT Cruise
This is just one exciting offering coming out of Hong Kong this month, although the poker is not being played in Hong Kong itself. As this article is being written, the “Rex Fortune Cruise” ship has already sailed out into international waters, and the cards are now in the air, with cash games and tournaments underway. Play will continue into October 2nd, with the event being hosted in partnership with Poker King Club.
Latest poker news about china
- : Guo Dong on the pessimism and resignation of Chinese poker community
- : Tencent Poker app shuts down and 2018 WSOP China cancelled
- : Chen Feng champions the 760-entry APL Xi’An China Main Event; Local team wins teams event
- : APL Xi’An: Main Event attracts 760 entries, Dai Luiheng wins Highroller
- : Silk Road Cup draws massive 1,112 entries in Xi'an, China; Feng Dashuai wins the Main Event
October 1-9: ACOP Platinum Series XV
The ACOP Platinum series is almost upon us, with its great guarantees and jam-packed 9 day festival. Pokerstars Live Macau host the event, which will be taking place between October 1st and 9th. The HK$5,500 buy in Main Event will be keenly anticipated, and should see many of the top local poker talents participating.
October 7-10: Macau Billionaire Poker Jade Series
Macau Billionaire Poker has had its new poker room in operation since April, and certainly hasn’t dragged its feet when it comes to making use of the new facilities. The upcoming “Jade Series” will be the second big festival hosted there since its opening. Tournaments will be running between October 7th and 10th.
Latest videos about event
- : Galfond Breaks Down INSANE $150,000 BLUFF Vs Businessman W/ Phil Galfond
- : EXPOSED CARD DRAMA The $1,000,000 Buy-In 2018 WSOP One Drop
- : Why Everyone Is Freaking Out About This Phil Hellmuth Incident (2018 WSOP)
- : How Do You ESCAPE From DOWNSWINGS?? W/ Phil Galfond | Real Poker Talk
- : We Need To Talk About COLLUSION In Poker
October 19-25 APT Macau
Regulatory issues led to APT Macau being cancelled last year, and so this festival is something poker players have been looking forward to for a while now. This year, the tournament has been made possible by the Lisboa Hotel, and Poker King Club who manage the new venue and are partners in this endeavour.
October 28 – November 13 -Asia Championship of Poker (ACOP)
The ACOP has always been one of the stellar events of the year in Asia, and that is in no small part due to the big prizes on offer. With serious money available, star names will undoubtedly flood to the tables for this event, with last year’s Main Event paying out HK$5,885,000 (USD$759,291) to champion Jimmy Zhou.
This enormous 17 day festival will see buy ins ranging from the affordable to the seriously sizeable, and will take place between October 28th and November 13th. This unmissable poker feast will be hosted by Pokerstars Live Macau.
Article by Craig Bradshaw