On Wednesday October 25, 2017, a new poker site will be entering the online market as J88Poker sets to go live at 16:00 Chinese Standard Time. Initially, the site will be available on download only to your personal computers however the mobile version is already in its planning stages with December anticipated as its targeted release month.
J88Poker is a play-money based site offering four types of poker games: No Limit Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha, Open Face Chinese Poker, and Badugi. The site will offer both ring games and tournaments with a wide range of buy-ins and limits to suit all types of players. For tournament junkies, you will be happy to find that all J88Poker tournaments offered will have a guaranteed prize pool and no tournament will be cancelled if there are at least 4 people participating.
Tournaments and Ring Games
To get you started, all you need to do is head to the site and sign up. From there you can either buy chips to enter any of the games or join the J88Freeroll in hopes of winning free chips. There are three types of freeroll tournaments:
- Amazing Freeroll is a free NLH tournament offered everyday (except Sunday) with a ₵1,000 guarantee ($10)
- Crazy Freeroll is a free NLH tournament offered everyday (except Sunday) with a ₵2,000 guarantee ($20)
- Fantastic Freeroll is a free NLH tournament offered on the weekend with a ₵5,000 guarantee ($50)
With chips in hand, you can enter any of the three types of series that give bigger returns:
- Micro Madness offers seven types of NLH tournaments with buy-ins ranging from ₵150 to ₵500 and guarantees from ₵5,000 to ₵50,000.
- Omarvel Series offers three PLO games with buy-ins ranging from ₵500 to ₵1,000 and guarantees from ₵20,000 to ₵200,000.
- Red Series has six types of NLH tournaments to choose from including the biggest tournament offered by J88Poker, the Burning Red Monster with a ₵2,000,000 guarantee. Red Series buy-ins range from ₵1,000 – ₵10,000 with guarantees from ₵88,000 to ₵2,000,000.
As for “ring games”, J88Poker advertises that they will pay up to 77% percent of your rakeback directly into your account as game point (GP) with which you can convert to play chips after each hand is completed. While that may be quite an enticing incentive, keep in mind that rakeback percentages will be dependent on your current VIP level.
To set the games in motion, on opening day J88Poker will offer a “Happy Hour” promotion running from 20:00 – 24:00 (CST). This will help users boost their levels immediately and get higher rakeback percentages.
Team J88Poker Pros
For the past couple of months, players in the Asian live circuit may have been seeing the J88Poker logo around. That’s because a few Asian poker personalities have signed on to the up and coming new site. Justin Shin, Jin Tian are the first J88Poker Team Pro members. Vivian Im has also recently joined the group. Formerly sponsored by PokerStars, Vian has won nearly $500,000 on the live poker circuit and has an APPT Main Event title under her belt (Cebu -2010)
By signing these pros, J88Poker clearly demonstrates the direction it intends to head. With interest in poker growing rapidly in Asia, their aim is to attract customers mainly from the region, especially from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Philippines, and more.
Future plans of J88Poker
With the launch of the site in a few days and the mobile version soon to be released, J88Poker also has plans to enter the live tournament sector. In the works is a live event held in China or Macau in May 2018 and an Open Event – SNS event (social networking site). Details of these events yet to be announced.
More: Visit J88Poker Website