– General Introduction –
David Peters was born on 16th April 1987 in Toledo, Ohio, which is still his hometown.
In his life as a high roller poker pro he travels the world as a nomad to play the game he loves and explore new places.
He lives a fairly private life and his quiet demeanour, combined with his incredible poker skills, earned him the nickname “silent assassin”.
Peters has earned himself the GPI Player of the Year title in 2016 and achieving this a second time is a big goal for him.
His lifetime earnings add up to almost $30 million.
– Key Career Dates –
- 25th April 2008 : Winner of the $1060 WSOP Circuit event at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas for $86,908
- 10th July 2013 : Winner of the $10,300 Bellagio Cup for $355,093
- 11th December 2013 : Winner of the €2,200 EUREKA High Roller at EPT Prague for €131,000
- 26th March 2015 : Winner of the €10,300 High Roller at EPT Malta for €597,000
- 20th December 2015 : Winner of the $25,000 Aria High Roller for $426,240
- 3rd January 2016 : Runner-up at the $200,000 Triton Super High Roller in the Philippines for $2,699,752
- 3rd July 2016 : Winner of the $1,500 WSOP Event #56 for $412,557 and the first bracelet
- 11th November 2016 : Winner of the HK$250,000 Asia Championship of Poker High Roller for $629,868
- 19th November 2016 : Winner of the $50,000 Aria Super High Roller for $511,970
- 20th March 2018 : 7th in the HK$2,100,000 Super High Roller Bowl in Macau for $1,113,018
- 26th July 2018 : Winner of the HK$500,000 Triton High Roller in Jeju for $1,118,484
- 26th October 2018 : Runner-up in the €100,000 Super High Roller at the WSOPE in Rozvadov for €1,621,960
- 6th November 2018 : Winner of the $103,000 Fall Madness High Roller or $1,104,000
- 13th November 2018: 3rd in the partypoker Caribbean Poker Party $250,000 Super High Roller Championships for $1,420,000
- 22nd February 2019: Winner of the US Poker Open $100,000 Main Event for $1,238,000
– Poker Career –
Peters says he taught himself poker in 2004 after having witnessed the Moneymaker effect. He played a few freerolls and after winning one for $600, his career was kicked off.
Since 2006 he has been a regular participant in big buy-in tournaments in the US and the world.
2016 was an incredible year for Peters, that not only earned him $7.5 million in winnings, but also the GPI Player of the Year title.
Peters is a familiar face in the high roller events around the world, making deep runs and final table finishes on a regular basis. His participation in mainly high roller events might be a reason why he has only ever won one WSOP bracelet so far.
At the end of 2018 his live earnings have amassed to almost $34 million, according to his HendonMob profile.
In summer 2020 Peters captured the title for the WSOP Online event #54: $10,000 Heads Up No Limit Hold’em Championship. He defeated the hard hitting Aussie aggro pro Michael Addamo to capture his second WSOP gold bracelet, $ 360,480, and a $ 15,000 WSOP Europe Package.
Twitter: @dpeterspoker17 9,000 followers Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DavidPeters17/ Instagram: @dpeters17 2,500 subscribers